Any person who is principally engaged in the acquisition, management, or disposition, of real property or interests therein, in connection with public, quasi-public, or private activities is eligible for membership in this Association.
Join the IRWA
Are you involved in the acquisition, management or disposal of real estate?
Do you work for a government agency, public utility, pipeline company or right-of-way contractor?
Are you an engineer, lawyer, appraiser, property manager or negotiator?
Do you employ professionals working in relocation assistance, land title, property management or environmental areas?
Since its inception as a not-for-profit association in 1934, the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) has served a growing number of professionals. IRWA is an individual membership association with approximately 8,300 members throughout the U.S. and Canada. This membership includes: Engineers, Appraisers, Property Managers, Acquisition Agents, Lawyers, Surveyors, Title Experts, Environmentalists and Relocation Assistance Agents.
While some members are in private practice, the majority of IRWA members are employed by:
- Governmental agencies including national, provincial, state, county and city.
- Special authorities including harbors, ports, water districts, airports and mass transit.
- Utility, pipeline and telecommunications companies.
- Appraisal and right-of-way contracting companies.
Membership in the IRWA benefits both members and employers.
- It can enhance public perception of the individual member as well as the company or agency with which he or she is associated.
- It provides the opportunity for a wide range of professional contacts.
Members contribute to the right-of-way profession through:
- Teaching IRWA Courses
- Writing articles and newsletters
- Developing courses and seminars
- Lecturing and speaking at Chapter programs and seminars
- Leadership roles at the Chapter, Regional and International levels are opportunities for personal and professional growth.