Land Agent / Land Advisor / Right of Way Agent
This position is based in the Los Angeles area, southeast of downtown, near the I-5 / I-605. Ideal candidates would typically come from locations in Los Angeles, Inland Empire, and Orange County.
Job Duties and Desired Qualifications
- Complete research and acquisition activities associated with those items noted below
- Research and prepare comparable sales for internal property rights valuation estimates
- Prepare temporary easements, permanent easements and quitclaim documents
- Research property ownership including but not limited to state and county records, Google, People Finders, etc.
- Communicate with project managers and construction managers.
- Communicate with property owners and negotiate rent and terms of temporary easements
- Coordinate and work with federal, state and local agencies, as well as utilities (e.g. BLM, Southern California Edison, Caltrans, Indian Tribes)
- Competence working with LandVision and RealQuest
- Ability to work with GIS
- Understanding of legal land descriptions
- Ability to read and understand tax maps, plot maps, tract maps, parcel maps and record of surveys
- Ability to read legal documents, i.e. grants, quitclaims, etc.
- Knowledge of easements and their components
- Basic understanding of utilities, their corresponding easements and functions
- Experience working on pipeline utility projects
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and Google Earth Pro
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Minimum of 3 years working in research and/or acquisition on linear right of way projects
Salary is commensurate with experience
If interested, please submit resume to Steve Parent email@example.com